Chiropractor for Neck Pain in Tennessee
At Total Health Chiropractic, we understand just how debilitating neck pain can be. That is why we offer many treatment options to help you find relief. If you are suffering from neck pain that’s acute or chronic, make an appointment with our chiropractors for neck pain in Tennessee to discuss your specific needs. With over 20 years of experience serving the area, you can depend on our team to help you find pain relief.
What Causes Neck Pain
- Whiplash. a forceful impact from the rear of a car, for example, can cause the neck to move forward and backward quickly, causing pain and inflammation.
- Worn joints. Just like the other joints in your body, your neck joints tend to wear down with age. Osteoarthritis causes the cushions (cartilage) between your bones (vertebrae) to deteriorate. Your body then forms bone spurs that affect joint motion and cause pain.
- Nerve compression. Herniated disks or bone spurs in the vertebrae of your neck can press on the nerves branching out from the spinal cord.
- Herniated discs. Discs in the spinal column that are bulging as a result of poor posture, injury or illness.
- Injuries. Rear-end auto collisions often result in whiplash injury, which occurs when the head is jerked backward and then forward, straining the soft tissues of the neck.
- Diseases. Certain diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis or cancer, can cause neck pain.
Neck pain is agonizing, it lessens people productivity at work and at home and it can disrupt your ability to sleep through the night. Having it may reduce productivity which is why looking for the right professional for treatment is essential. Tennessee chiropractic care for neck pain concentrates on the detection and reduction of the spine’s misalignment. Visiting Total Health Chiropractic is a key on treating your neck pain while avoiding expensive medicines and surgery.
Tennessee Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain
Chiropractors for neck pain are trained to diagnose patients through physical exams as well diagnostic tests for neck. Treatment plans may include neck exercises to do on your own and suggestions for a healthier lifestyle; chiropractors do not prescribe neck pain medication as part of their treatment.
It is important to make sure that you don’t stay in one position for too long; sitting or standing. If your day involves prolonged sitting, make sure to stand up and take walking breaks. If your job involves prolonged standing, try to take sitting breaks throughout the day and also ensure that you take walking breaks.
What are the Treatment for Neck Pain
At Total Health Chiropractic, we perform a thorough examination to create customized treatment plans. Our Chiropractor for Neck Pain in Tennessee recommend treatment that addresses the cause of pain. Treatments include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: By applying gentle force to specific, targeted areas of the spinal column, we can work to properly align the spine and reduce pain.
- Corrective Exercises: Many of our patients benefit from corrective exercises. These will teach you the proper way to move and function, reducing pain in the neck.
- Nutritional Guidance: If you have inflammation or healing muscles, your body will need additional nutrients to help speed the process.
- Our team will offer solutions for improving your nutritional intake to meet your body’s needs.
Additional neck pain treatments may be recommended.
Call a Chiropractor for Neck Pain in Tennessee Today
Neck pain is not something that you have to live with for the rest of your life; often, the solution is more simple than it seems. A few adjustment sessions and changes to your posture can make all the difference. To get started today, call Total Health Chiropractic at (423) 668-0108 or fill this form to schedule an appointment.